Friday, May 02, 2008

ACCEPTS TOKENS ONLY™: You Have To Burn The Rope


Yes, I know, for a blogger who can't seem to find the time to post more than like three times a month anymore, coming back from yet another week-long hiatus to create yet another new topic category might seem a little overly ambitious. But I couldn't find any other category to fit in a post about video games, so welcome to the inaugural post of Accepts Tokens Only™. And here's a rarity, I'm actually writing this because I like something. Yeah, you read it right. Like. Drop what you're doing right now and clicky-clicky over to You Have To Burn The Rope, the Flash game of the century. In terms of gameplay it's crazy easy - all you need is a decent command of the arrow keys and you'll be having fun in no time. And honestly, beating this game will take you no time, and you have to beat the game in order to experience its best feature, which is its end credits song. They even provide karaoke-like lyrics on the screen so you can sing along, and chances are it'll be stuck in your head for at least an hour or two after you hear it. I've never heard of Henrik Nåmark before, but I hope Spike gets wise and gives him a Video Game Award this year for composing.

• Play You Have To Burn The Rope

3 Comments:

Blogger e said...

I'm a hero!

But how am I gonna spend the rest of this da-ay?!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Henrik Nåmark said...

That award has my name on it :)

/Henrik

9:08 PM  
Blogger Psychictoad said...

Luckily the video walkthrough got me through the rough patches near the end of the game. That song is beautiful.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home