Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Never In A Million Years Did I Think I'd Ever Have To Write This


If I knew back in the day when I was desperately telling everyone I knew to watch Freaks And Geeks because I couldn't bear the thought of it going off the air that there would come a day where I'd see an ad for what looks like Owen Wilson starring in a 21st century Disney remake of My Bodyguard and then in the same week make the startling discovery that the viral ad campaign I'd gotten tired of before I'd seen the second billboard were both products of the man who created one of the best sitcoms ever, well...I'd still keep telling people about Freaks And Geeks. But I wouldn't have to like it.

Please, Judd Apatow. Take a movie season off. Your fans deserve not to get sick of you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I agree but you can't blame Judd for the Marketing Dept's decisions. I am sure he had little to do with it.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From looking up this movie, I saw that Jason Segel (the lead in Forgetting Sarah Marshall) is co-writing the new Muppet movie, and Disney bought out the Muppets in 2004!

Gahh!

10:14 AM  
Blogger C. Margery Kempe said...

As someone who has very little patience for films reflecting male egoism when I'm surrounded by the real thing all day in this country (even when it's wrapped in an affable exterior with some admittedly good jokes), it took me even less time to get sick of the omnipresent Apatow. Less annoying and jerky than a lot of the current crop of movie moguls, but still not doing much for me.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Gene Kannenberg, Jr. said...

These ads were plastered on about 1/4 of all the available surface ad-space in San Francisco when Pelzmantel and I visited there recently (deductible business expenses!). Eventually I figured it out: "It must be an ad campaign for a 'trendy' fashion boutique." Guess I lost out on the latest round of the Apatow Aptitude Awareness Axamination.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I know is that's some smooth smooth JohnEats Script(tm) right there!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home