Thursday, March 13, 2008

WHY GOD CREATED YOUTUBE™: Dan Aykroyd Unplugged On UFOs


This past weekend I was browsing the DVD section at a bookstore and stumbled upon something that left my head spinning: Dan Aykroyd Unplugged On UFOs, a 2005 documentary/interview with the Canadian comedian (and friend of The Belush). The DVD packaging purported to offer definitive proof that UFOs exist, and that Dan Aykroyd is allegedly an expert on them.

To say I was intrigued would be an understatement. I mean, how easy would it be for this to be an elaborate joke? For a guy who built his career by portraying sleazy scheisters to, seemingly out of nowhere, become a respected authority on UFOlogy sounds like the perfect setup for a low-budget slice of comedy gold. But it's not a joke, as this CNN interview with Aykroyd proves.

The first thing I did when I got home was to ad the DVD to my Netflix queue, but then as per usual Anonymous A had the brilliant idea that I might be able to save myself a rental by checking YouTube. And, lo and behold, there it was in its complete glory. Embedding, of course, has been disabled by request, so you'll have to visit the links below to watch it (or click on the screenshot above for part one). What an amazing piece of work. How did I miss this for almost three years? There's more entertainment packed into this documentary than there was in Spies Like Us and Neighbors combined!

Dan Aykroyd Unplugged On UFOs on YouTube:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Part Five

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home