Thursday, February 07, 2008

WHY GOD CREATED YOUTUBE™: Smoke On The Water (Japanese Classical Mix)


Ok, so The Cheese Kurd actually sent me this in a different, YouTube-competing format, but I went out of my way to re-find this on YouTube for all you people. So you better thank me. Anyway, the opening of this (before the vocals start) is one of the most beautiful, sublime, and ridiculous things I've heard in a long time. Ain't nobody does Deep Purple like a Japanese orchestra.

Truly, this is why God created YouTube.


Oh, and for those of you keeping track at home, this here has been my 500th blog post. Or whatever the hell you call these things.

So, congratulations to me. Or, as the guy at Enterprise Rental Car in downtown Milwaukee once said to his coworker who told him that then-vice president Al Gore's motorcade had just driven down the street outside:
"Oh, whoopee-doopee."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home