Monday, October 22, 2007

We've Won A Date With Jim Belushi!!!

Well, by "won" I mean "bought tickets to", and by "date" I mean "an evening at the Chicago History Museum." That's right, Psychictoad and I will be in the presence of The Belush on November 7th, when he is presented as a "Chicago Treasure" by none other than Dean Richards.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the absurdity of this event. The madness started with the phone call I made to the museum in order to purchase tickets:

EMPLOYEE: Chicago History Museum, how can I help you?

JOHN EATS: Hi, I'm calling about the "Chicago Treasures" event on November 7th...

EMPLOYEE: Do you mean the one with Mr. Belushi?

JOHN EATS: Yes, the one with, um, MISTER Belushi.

What'll happen? Maybe we'll be joining him afterwards to suck down some Fat Tires and buffalo wings at a Chi Chi's. Who knows? Whatever happens, it'll be...according to Jim:


3 Comments:

Blogger Gene Kannenberg, Jr. said...

Was it really necessary to have your readers wake up to this image of a semi-recumbent Belushi-the-Lesser? Now my whole day is ruined.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chi Chi's? I don't think the Belush would go for that. He's not a Salsarific kind of guy.

You'll be at a Bar Louie before you can say "bacon and blue cheese hamburger, medium-rare, with extra Buffalo sauce."

3:30 PM  
Blogger Psychictoad said...

I hope he and David Cross do one of their hilarious comedy routines.

You guys are so crazy!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home