Wednesday, September 26, 2007

WHY GOD CREATED YOUTUBE™: "Rockstar" by Nickelback


Ok, it's Google Video, but pretty much same difference, you know what I'm saying? Anyway, recently Shady asked me if I'd ever seen this video since she thought I would react to its parade of washed-up C- and D-list stars like a passerby at a car wreck, and she was pretty much right. Fortunately I've been able to live in enough of a pop culture bubble that I'd never heard the song before, and thanks to the power of my laptop's mute button, I will hopefully die without ever having heard the whole thing. But just look at all the great "celebrities" in there! Kid Rock! Gene Simmons! Ted Nugent! Wayne Gretzky! Nelly Furtado! At least one, maybe three (I can't tell) blonde Playboy-related women! One of the two guys with beards from ZZ Top! Oh, and look, there they all are AGAIN...because obviously they couldn't round up enough has-beens to each take a single line of the song, so they had to pad it out. And what's the deal with all the Chicago locations? I would love to have had the opportunity to walk through one of these shots while it was being filmed. Oh well.

Truly, this is why God created Google Video.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes:
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=ttaqVd0rOjA

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home