Thursday, August 23, 2007

ENTERTAINMENT DROPPINGS: National Treasure: Book Of Secrets Looks AWESOME

I've been forced to sit through this trailer the last two times I've gone to a movie theater, and after this second time I knew I had to force the rest of you to share my pain. The first time I saw it I laughed out loud, Max Cady-style, for almost the entire duration. All of the writing and acting in it is so sub-par that it doesn't even come close to feeling like it's legit. Every single line of dialogue is like something from an SCTV sketch, and that voiceover from Harvey Keitel sounds like he's reading it off a cue card after someone just punched him in the throat -- it should be added to every actor's training as the ultimate example of "phoning it in." I actually kept thinking that it might stop abruptly and reveal itself as a commercial for something else, but apparently your worst fears have been realized: for some ungodly, inexplicable reason, National Treasure has become a franchise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home