Thursday, July 12, 2007

WHY GOD CREATED YOUTUBE™: Apocalypse Pooh

I was educated about this classic mashup video by The Cheese Kurd during a recent visit, where we played it on TV from the browser on my Wii, which gave this video the appropriate faux-cinematic context it deserves. Nevertheless, I urge you to check this out immediately if you've never seen it before. Altho it takes a little while to get going, once you first witness Winnie the Pooh acting out Martin Sheen's "Saigon. Shit..." speech from Apocalypse Now, hopefully you will be mesmerized like I was. By the time Piglet starts spouting Dennis Hopper's lines I was crying tears of joy, amazed that someone actually made it in a pre-computer video editing era, and slightly jealous that The Kurd had known about this since the early '90s and I was just finding out about it for the first time.

Truly, this is why God created YouTube.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home