Thursday, May 03, 2007

WHY GOD CREATED YOUTUBE™: Dutch Newsman Inappropriate Laugh


As tipped by Ivy -- and who else would send me something so filled with inappropriateness and awkwardness? -- watch with amazement as this Dutch television host experiences an unfortunate giggle attack as he interviews two crying guests (one of which is sitting in a wheelchair), much to the chagrin of the studio audience. Yes, Ivy, this does speak to you. And I suppose somewhere, deep down, it speaks to me too.

Truly, this is why God created YouTube.

3 Comments:

Blogger Crispinus said...

I shuddered as I watched this, because I identify very much with those who laugh inappropriately.

The commments in YouTube, however, suggest that this clip might be from a sketch comedy show. I can only pray that this is true.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Gene Kannenberg, Jr. said...

Oh yeah, Cripinus, this is indeed a fake - as I'd guessed about 15 seconds in. Although I'm not precisely sure what tipped me off. The choices, as I see them:

A) Valair's too-obviously comic "high voice" - plus, he looks directly into camera;

B) Marijke's too-short skirt - plus, her unladylike leg position;

C) The audience's failure to offer up even one person to kick the interviewer in a very painful personal area;

D) The fact that the interviewer looks a bit too much like Steve Carell (whut? - sorry, Steve Carell).

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IM IN YR BLOGZ, WATCHIN DUTCH TEEVEEZ

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home