Monday, January 29, 2007

WHY GOD CREATED YOUTUBE™: Roger Mainwood's Autobahn


Do you remember where you were the first time you heard Kraftwerk's Autobahn? Think hard. Chances are you remember hearing it while a naked blue Talosian in giant Fly-era Bono goggles ran around you in a sort of abstract alien cityscape populated by giant disembodied lips and naked blonde women on bicycles. Most likely you and your naked blue Talosian friend did things like swing on ropes, fall from great heights, and morph into quasi-animal shapes. And maybe you floated by some more naked women whose heads were candles. And maybe you saw a gigantic wireframe rectum (or was it an eyeball?) before you floated around on some gigantic soap bubbles that turned into zygotes and then floated down some big tubes full of holes.

Well, wherever you were, I know that's where I was, which makes me pleased as punch to have found the perfect visual representation of my first Autobahn experience courtesy of UK animator Roger Mainwood, who most likely produced this award-winning crapola while on a diet of hash cookies and Strongbow.

Truly, this is why God created YouTube.

(Thanks to Tiree for the tip)

1 Comments:

Blogger e said...

I tried to watch it. I really did try. I guess it's just too... sophisticated? for me...

How come you haven't used any of MY tips lately? Eh?

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home