Wednesday, January 10, 2007

ENTERTAINMENT DROPPINGS: Asshole With Ascot Is Like Such A Better Person Than That Sonuvabitch Ex-Friend Of His


As everybody and their frigging cousin is reporting (and originally tipped by Anonymous A), Asshole with Ascot Jeremy Piven is on the outs with his lifelong best buddy John Cusack, who is allegedly jealous that Piven finally lucked into a role that didn't involve playing second banana to him.

Proving once and for all that when B-list stars embark on deeply meaningful personal spiritual journeys along with a camera crew and publicist it doesn't automatically imbue them with a sense of tact, diplomacy and humility, Piven made sure that when the opportunity finally presented itself he let the whole world know just how much bigger a man he is than his former, more successful best friend:
"... I was always proud of him, and I was always in his corner," Piven says of the 40-year-old Cusack. "Always."

[ . . . ]

Piven, who co-stars with Ben Affleck in the upcoming film "Smokin' Aces," a Universal Studios release, says he values loyalty.

"It just says so much about a person if he has space for other people's success," he says.

"I have always been so proud of my friends' success. I own that proudly because I come by it naturally. I was raised on that spirit of collaboration. ... You start getting into trouble in life when you start comparing and contrasting your life to anyone else's. You don't win when you do that."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem, if I may tell my Piven story now.

One day, about 4 years ago, I was walking towards a man at a corner in Evanston, Ill., who yelled, "Oh, that's great, make fun of me!" at two giggling teenage girls who where walking away.

Turns out, that man was Piven.

11:02 AM  
Blogger e said...

It's interesting how there's no ACTUAL story to this story. He's just vaguely implying that Johnboy has dumped him, and the press goes WILD.

wtf?

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or, in the whiny words of the Piv:

"There is a lot of stuff in the universe we should really be talking about ... They're looking into making hybrid nuclear bombs, and we're now invading Somalia. But apparently, people are focusing on a rift in my friendship with my friend of 30 years!"

hee hee

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home