Monday, October 09, 2006

ENTERTAINMENT DROPPINGS: The Bitter Irony Of The Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Of course, what would a trip to Long Beach be without a 45 minute sojourn to Hollywood? Well, that's exactly what I did this past Friday, and that means it's time for some commentary on the sad state of affairs at the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Let's take a look at some examples of what I mean:


First up, the Steve Miller Band. Okay, maybe at one point they were slightly culturally relevant, I grant you that. But honestly, wouldn't the release of Abracadabra make any of their other achievements null and void?


Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band? Seriously? They actually gave a star to the man responsible for writing a song about passing his own stool?


And here we are at Dick Van Patten. Who knew refusing to get rid of an obvious combover and dancing like a moron for Weird Al Yankovic could lead to immortal fame?


This one's a little hard to read, but trust me when I say to you that yes, Rick Dees has his own star. Rick Friggin Dees. Call me crazy, but something tells me I'd rather not live in a world where the man responsible for Disco Duck is celebrated rather than punished.


And now, the cruelest irony of them all: the Apollo XI astronauts. Yes, the only people commemorated on the Walk of Fame who have actually been to the stars don't even get their names in one...just a big square, surrounded by deadbeat Hollywood people whose names are actually in stars. Truly there is no justice in this world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crispinus said...

I'll take exception to your calling Donald O'Connor a deadbeat. (And maybe even Maria Callas if I'm drunk enough.) Dead, yes; deadbeat, hell no, bee-yotch!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home