Wednesday, September 13, 2006

TODAY AT MERLE'S: The Foundations


TODAY AT MERLE'S: Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations

Another day, another morning spent standing in the rain on the Francisco stop. I think the heavens are weeping at the impending station closing -- maybe the baby Jesus doesn't want to have to walk all the way to the Kedzie stop to take the train either.

I must admit I, like so many other people in the world, didn't realize that this song's title was "Build Me Up Buttercup," but rather thought it was "Fill Me Up Buttercup," which somehow seems more right to me than the actual title, but there you go.

I need you, I need you, more than anyone darling -- because walking those extra three blocks come Monday morning is gonna be the death of me. Enjoy the video!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home