Tuesday, August 22, 2006

"Continue With The Operation, You May Fire When Ready"


I had a really detailed, hilarious post all ready to go this morning until I suddenly remembered that today is the day the world is supposed to end (as reported recently on Boing Boing by our very own Crispinus) and I just thought "Oh, what's the use?"*

So y'allz best step off the grid and enjoy your last Precious MomentsĀ® of existence. Like, go tell your boss what you really think of them. Or finally reveal your true feelings to that special, secret someone (get ready to have at least one awkward conversation today -- that means you, Whitney Houston!). Or just stand in the street with your fist in the air, shouting "Burn, baby, burn!" as it all comes crashing down around us.

Thank you and good night.

-----
* Okay, fine, I woke up late and had a little bout of writer's block and this was the best I could come up with. Sue me. Before THE WORLD ENDS TODAY.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gene Kannenberg, Jr. said...

In re: That Whitney link:

[bin Laden's] favourite television shows were The Wonder Years, Miami Vice and MacGyver.

"MacGyver"? Suddenly it all makes sense...

And seeing as how today is The Day: Nice knowin' all y'allz! Seeya in hell!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the world ending on GMT? 'Cause it's like six hours earlier here, so it would be nice to know.

1:41 PM  
Blogger C. Margery Kempe said...

I have it on good authority that it's already tomorrow in New Zealand, so COME ON! Where's that much promised ending? I have bills I'd really rather not pay...

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home