Monday, July 31, 2006

CRUISEWATCH™: Curiouser and Curiouser


On Friday, I posted about the mysterious disappearance of the "Help me, Tom Cruise!" dialogue in the TV commercials for Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, wondering if Mr. Cruise wasn't up to his old censorship tricks again.

It seems I'm not the only one who was curious about this. As I discovered this morning upon googling the phrase "Help me, Oprah Winfrey", everyone's favorite search engine™ returned the following result (among only three other web site references, including this very blog):


So I followed the Yahoo! Answers link, only to find this:

I'm smelling conspiracy. What about you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Psychictoad said...

As your attorney, I recommend that you proceed with extreme caution, John. But if you do proceed at full speed, you must heed the sage advice of the great Harry Hogge spoken to Cole Trickle, "Stay to the outside [John], Stay to the outside."

Wise words, Harry, wise words.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Psychictoad said...

Update: during the commercial break in Hell's Kitchen they played an extended Talladega Nights promo that included BOTH Oprah AND Tom Cruise. They felt the heat of JohnEats.

Finally media FOR the people.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home